Note: this is not to be confused with how to build the perfect man buns, which is an entirely separate topic and not one I will be addressing any time soon in this blog.
- Grow your hair out to at least 10 inches in length. This may take you a while. Any length above this is also fine.
- Wash your hair. Yes, this really does matter. Any shampoo will do, but do not use conditioner or a shampoo+conditioner combined product - you don't want smooth conditioned hair.
- Blow dry hair, thoroughly. Comb out so that it is moderately straight. Don't add any styling product.
- Obtain a pair of hairdressing scissors, either new or well sharpened.
- Visit any workplace with large rotating machinery.
- Holding the scissors firmly, carefully lower the end of your hair into the rotating machinery. Once it obtains a grip, frantically shear away at your trapped hair with the scissors until your head is free.
The net effect should be a lifelong aversion to having long hair at all, let alone a man bun.